Our Permaculture Life: 8 ways to use lemongrass

8 ways to use lemongrass




Lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus) grows abundantly in my subtropical permaculture garden, a productive polyculture. It is such a useful multi-functional perennial.


When it's time to propagate lemongrass soon, I will make another film showing how to divide a clump and create a living swale using it. 

Before I had terraces in my vegetable garden, I used lemongrass as an edge to hold mulch and compost on the slope. It was a very effective and quick way to start a vegetable garden without a lot of cost and infrastructure.

Watch my latest YouTube clip about the many ways I use lemongrass in my permaculture garden.






Thank you to my network of supporters!

If have enjoyed my blog and youtube channel, you may like to consider becoming my patron too. I think of it like a subscription to a magazine you like - but this one is online. From $1/month, you can be part of my the Our Permaculture Life supporter network. Click here to find out more: https://www.patreon.com/moraggamble.


Subscribe to Morag Gamble's Newsletter


Labels: , , ,