Our Permaculture Life: Time for Renewal - Refreshing My Garden and Uplifting My Spirit

Time for Renewal - Refreshing My Garden and Uplifting My Spirit

I've just renewed my salad garden bed after the storms using my version of no-dig gardening. I find doing it this way is not only quick and easy, but it helps create great new topsoil very effectively and rapidly. I filmed the process and I hope to have this film up on my You Tube Channel: Our Permaculture Life before the end of the week. In the meantime, you can see the step by step pictures here in a previous post: Morag's Simple & Successful No-Dig Garden Method.


Right now though, we are all on our way to Woodford Festival until New Year's Day. It's an amazing international festival that is just 30 minutes down the road - I love it - I always discover or learn something new there, hear some incredibly interesting music, watch wondrous performances and come away feeling inspired, refreshed and renewed!

Also, we always give talks or run some workshops there. This year we'll be running hands-on Patterns in Nature sessions in the Children's Festival on 27th, 28th, 31st December and 1st January. Today we've been down at the river collecting items for a nature treasure box to share with the children - there are so many patterns you can see in each and every thing you pick up.



I hope we might see you at the Festival. Our children are so excited to go and hear some great music, run around freely, explore the new bamboo sculptures and cool down with those amazing fresh mango icy poles. We love spending this culturally creative as a family. I can't wait to see what new music we come home with this time - our household keeps going on this for months.

I'll be posting stories and images from the festival over the next couple of days.



Labels: , , , ,