We can immediately double the amount of food we produce in our gardens simply by changing our perception.
There is so much more food in the garden that first meets the eye. Many edible parts of plants are completely overlooked.
Here are a few examples:
- carrot tops are edible - delicious in a salad or as a stir-fry green
- beetroot tops actually have more nutritional value than the root
- pumpkin leaves are lovely steamed - the perfect gluten-free low-carb wrap - also the skin, the seeds, the young shoots and the flowers
- sweet potato shoots are edible
- broccoli and cauliflower leaves are edible as a cabbage/kale alternative
- bean leaves are edible
- young leaves of cucumber
- celery leaves
- young onion leaves
- flowers of brassicas
|abundant carrot tops|
|delicious and nutrient-dense beetroot tops - great in salads and stir fries|