Inspired by this lunchtime platter below, we are going into the garden soon to plant more eggplants. The kids have also decided to ask the local baker to teach them how to make sourdough bread. I am super excited by this.
My daughter, Maia, just made this lunchtime platter with lots of ingredients from our garden and wrote up the recipe to share. The bread is from our local artisan baker here at Crystal Waters. Yummy! Thanks Maia.
|Maia's Courgette Roll Platter|
- 2 courgettes (zucchini)
- 2 eggplants
- 150g ricotta
- a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- a handful fresh mixed herbs (finely chopped)
- salt and pepper
- Slice the eggplants and courgettes lengthwise.
- Sprinkle with salt and leave to sit for 30 minutes in a colander with a plate underneath.
- Rinse well.
- Dry eggplants and courgettes with a paper towel.
- Lay them on a hot plate and sprinkle them with olive oil. Heat them until they are tender and yummy. This takes just a few minutes.
- Mix together the ricotta, greens and basil into a bowl with a squeeze of lemon juice (we used our Meyer Lemon). Add salt or pepper if needed.
- Put a bit of ricotta on the end of each courgette slice and roll it up.
- Use the rest of the ricotta mix for a dip.
- Put all on a plate and serve with warm sourdough bread.