Our Permaculture Life: 12 ways to use edible natural skin care & healing oil from 2 ingredients and how to simply make it

12 ways to use edible natural skin care & healing oil from 2 ingredients and how to simply make it


Turn your calendula flowers into a valuable oil for natural skin care, healing and for eating.

Harvested calendula flowers for making calendula oil.

My new film (link below) shows 2 simple methods to make your own organic calendula oil using just 2 ingredients - calendula flowers and organic local olive oil. 

When I first learnt how to do this, I couldn't believe how absolutely easy it was. I was sure it was going to be really complicated. Give it a go!


Safe to eat so it's safe for your skin

Calendula oil is great for skin care, first aid and ... eating! I love the idea that you only put on your skin what is safe to eat.  This oil is also suitable for sensitive skin, children and babies.

Steeping the home grown calendula flowers in organic olive oil for 28 days.

Here's a dozen ways you can use your home-made calendula oil:

  1. nourishing face oil
  2. moisturiser
  3. chapped skin
  4. insect bites
  5. small wounds
  6. sprains and bruises (anti-inflammatory)
  7. rashes
  8. nappy rash
  9. minor burns
  10. sunburn
  11. eczema and psoriasis
  12. salad dressing

You can use it straight, or make it into salves, creams, lotions, body butter, lotion bars, soap, lip balm, bug bite balm. So easy, yet so versatile. 

What other ways do you use it?

Bright and lovely calendula flower - a great addition to the garden. Loved by the bees too.

I encourage you to go ahead and plant calendula when your season is right, and harvest this wonderful flower for your own golden oil.

Other films in this 3 part calendula series:

Watch part one of this series of films: Calendula Part 1: How to grow and use. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w46LHwBz4_4

Next Calendula instalment will be:
Calendula Part 3: How to easily make your own Calendula salve with 4 ingredients and 3 simple steps. It's a great first aid jar to have in your home.

Easy home made calendula salve - just 4 natural ingredients.

I hope you enjoyed reading and watching. Feel free to share.

Happy gardening and making!

Subscribe to Morag Gamble's Newsletter




Subscribe to my YouTube channel:

To receive direct notification of all my films, you can subscribe my YouTube channel. Just click the red subscribe button on my YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/c/moraggambleourpermaculturelife

Thank you to my Patreon community:

If have enjoyed my blog and youtube channel, you may like to consider becoming my patron too. I think of it like a subscription to a magazine you like - but this one is online. From $1/month, you can be part of my the Our Permaculture Life supporter network. Click here to find out more:  https://www.patreon.com/moraggamble.

Labels: , , , ,