Today the Wellness Couch podcast was posted with me in conversation with the wonderful Up For A Chat ladies - Cyndi O'Meara, Kim Morrison and Carren Smith. We chatted about my way of life - living a low-stress, joyful and simple way of life - an abundant permaculture life, growing food, homeschooling, living lightly on the earth, and more...
Grab a cuppa and take a listen. Please leave comments on the Up For a Chat site (and also here on my blog) about the sorts of things you'd like me to speak about when I return to the Wellness Couch for a follow-up conversation about how to get your own simple garden set up.
UC196: Permaculture with Morag Gamble (73:03 mins)
Some of the points of conversation include:
- How I came to live a permaculture life
- How to live a simpler, less stressful life and step away from the over-consumerism.
- How the healthier the earth is the healthier we all become
- How living in nature is like a natural meditation.
- How superfoods come from supersoils - the importance of keeping your soils healthy
- How everything has a context for learning - my approach to homeschooling.
- How seeing the world through children's kids eyes opens up the world tenfold.
- How to reduce waste in our home - food waste and single-use plastics
- The value of growing as much as we can at home & how there's is more food in most edible gardens than we typically imagine.
- How to think of your garden as one big ecosystem
- How we all have a voice - we can all be part of the change.
Labels: community food, composting, family, gardening, health, homeschooling, parenting, permaculture, reducing waste, simple living, wellbeing