Our Permaculture Life: My Medicinal Garden: 7 Super Plants For A Delicious Common Cold Remedy - Film #13 (9 mins)

My Medicinal Garden: 7 Super Plants For A Delicious Common Cold Remedy - Film #13 (9 mins)

Film #13: My Medicinal Garden: 7 Super Plants For A Delicious Common Cold Remedy



This 9 minute film (click link below to watch) shows how to simply make a super delicious cold remedy from easy-to-grow plants in the garden.  I love that my medicine cabinet is in my kitchen garden surrounding my house and that I can just go outside and pluck fresh herbs and leaves with superb vitality to help sooth a cough and cold when I need it for me and my family.



There are so many great herbs to use in each climatic region.   Here at this time of year, some great ones are:

  1. lemon myrtle
  2. peppermint
  3. menthol mint
  4. oregano
  5. sacred basil
  6. turmeric
  7. ginger

Today, I also added organic cinnamon and some raw honey to the blend - mmmm ....delicious and very soothing. Just what I need right now.

I've written about the brew I made yesterday too: http://our-permaculture-life.blogspot.com.au/2016/09/home-grown-medicine-10-common-medicinal.html and listed a few additional plants - lemon, orange peel, lemon balm, thyme. Each brew I make is slightly different which keeps it interesting.

What is your favourite cold remedy from your garden?

[DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor or natural therapist. The information in this blogpost and associated film is based on personal research, conversations with lots of knowledgeable people and years of experimenting. Please make up your own mind about whether you think it is useful.]

Labels: , , , , , , ,