Here's one of my favourite snacks - dry roasted nuts and seeds with a drizzle of organic tamari - super tasty and healthy.
If you have some friends over, it's a great treat for everyone. It's gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, vegan and superbly delicious! These nuts and seeds transform my garden salads and veggie stir-fries too - just a little sprinkle on top. I do love raw nuts and seeds, but when I make this, I so enjoy the crunch and flavour - great as a mid-afternoon energy boost too.
|Dry roasted organic nuts and seeds with a drizzle of organic tamari|
How to make toasted tamari nuts and seeds:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Spread the nuts and seeds on a baking tray - not too thickly (or it will take longer)
- Place on top tray and dry roast for approx 10 minutes until browning and crunchy. At 5 mins, you may wish to swish them around a bit on the tray too to ensure even toasting. When they are growing, test the almonds to see if they are dry and crisp.
- When done, remove tray from oven and immediately drizzle a little tamari over the nuts and seeds and stir around. The heat evaporates the liquid and leaves a tasty coating on the nuts and seeds.
- (if you happen to splash a little too much on, just pop the tray back in the oven for a couple of minutes until the liquid evaporates)
Nuts and seeds are a healthy and filling snack, high in protein, fibre, vitamin E and lots of other nutrients and minerals. Try not to eat too many though, because they are quite high in calories. A small handful is all you need.
Labels: food, health, recipes, vegan