Our Permaculture Life: Peacocks in my garden!

Peacocks in my garden!

"What's that sound?" cried out my 2 year old son. "What's that?!"

If you've ever heard the sound of peacocks before, you'll know how surprisingly loud and piercing their call is.

We woke up recently to find two peacocks in our garden. We see so many birds here, but this was completely unexpected.

They are huge, majestic birds that seem to be in a realm of their own. Peacocks aren't wild, so someone must have been missing them. They stayed for 3 days, then moved to another part of the ecovillage - I could still hear them up the valley. I think they've made their way home now after visiting most people's gardens and chicken pens looking for food.

I discovered that peacocks like cherry tomatoes and grumichammas (tropical cherries)!



Labels: